Either you choose change or change chooses you.
There are a lot of moments in our lives where change is inevitable, whether we like it or not. Change can be uncomfortable, challenging, mentally draining, etc. However, it is a constant in our lives that we must adapt to.
So, let us talk about COVID-19 and the year 2020. So many changes in one year, right? Whether you were forced to quarantine, work from home, completely changed your work situation, re-defined what your daily routine was like, or had an earth-shattering event that ultimately changed your perspective.
There have been so many times this year that I’ve heard the phrases “I can’t wait until this is all over and we can go back to normal” or “I just want things to be normal”. Whether you agree with me or not, nothing will be the same as it used to be.
I’ll try to keep this as least controversial as I can, which means you may feel turned off by it or will accept it. We must change, guys. Period.
In the middle of March, my fiancé, Riley and I discovered a powerful verse from the Bible that states: “You may not understand now what I am doing…but, someday, you will” (John 13:7)
Without me knowing what religious affiliation you have or what you believe, think about the meaning of what Jesus tries to explain to us.
There have been so many unknowns this year that have left us in complete fear, utter distraught and sometimes giving us a “hopeless” feeling. The changes around us sometimes happen sooner than we hoped and leave us with hard, uncomfortable choices we must make.
What I am here to tell you is this: Life will always lead you where you are meant to be. Whatever situation you are in, whether it be physical, mental, emotional, intellectual, or spiritual.
- Maybe it is changing your career path.
- Maybe it is a physical change you must make in your wellness/nutrition routine to make you feel your best.
- Maybe it is the relationship(s) you must leave or gain.
- Maybe it is a financial decision.
- Maybe it is a loss you have experienced or a win that propels you to greater heights.
- Maybe it is a defining moment in your life that forces you to CHANGE.
Every day, we have to do something that sucks. Every single day. Challenge yourself to be uncomfortable and take on the things that scare you. Dig deep and find it within yourself to be who you want to be and place yourself where you would like to be. Trust in yourself and who you are, in whatever it is that you do. Stay calm, stay poised and be flexible in your approach.
Ready or not, change in your life is coming in different forms. So, my question(s) to you are the following:
- Are you choosing change or will change choose you?
- Are you willing to go DEEP and centralize what your purpose is?
- Will you make that decision that you have been putting off to ultimately move you closer towards self-actualization?
- What is it that you need to do NOW that will put your best foot forward in whatever it is that you do?
Be the change.