Wow, what a few weeks it’s been!
Despite this crazy emotional roller coaster, I’ve gotten through each day by finding the blessings amid all of the chaos. We had a lot of lemons thrown at our team, and we had to decide if we were going to bite into the sour lemon …or turn it into amazing lemonade!
As a small business owner, when this all got started, my first thoughts were filled with panic.
“What’s going to happen to Impulse? To our team?? To our clients?!”
Luckily for me, I didn’t have much time to dwell on the what-ifs. We had to switch gears and immediately focus on solutions. Over the next several days, we took all those lemons, added some sugar (the good kind of course), mixed it with water, and created the best lemonade we could possibly make.
Some of the ingredients that sweetened our amazing lemonade?
- We are doing some major updates to our facility that I’ve been wanting to do for several years!
- Creativity has inspired our staff to develop an entirely new platform to provide our services and maintain our family community.
- We are staying positive and keeping our clients motivated.
Talk about sweet!
So, what lemons are being thrown at you right now?
Maybe you’ve worked so hard to get physical results in the gym, and now your routine has been completely turned upside down.
Maybe your job is put on hold, and you don’t know what to do at home.
Or maybe your kids are home from school, and you are about to lose your mind!
I know this time is going to be incredibly challenging for you (as it is for our team, too), but I want to encourage you to find a way to make some lemonade!
Here are some common lemons we’re being handed right now, along with some instructions on how to turn them into lemonade:
- Stuck in the house: Take on a project that inspires you. Whether that is spring cleaning, renovating/painting, or simply creating a positive space for you to retreat.
- Kids are bored: Play games, teach them new things like cleaning and cooking, show them your favorite activities, etc.
- Off work: Rejuvenate an old habit. Our lives tend to get really busy, and often our hobbies get tucked away or forgotten. What about rekindling the hobby and enjoying this time!
- No gym: Lucky for you, there are a ton of online options. Now is a great time to get your family involved and support each other in your fitness journeys.
- Your favorite restaurants are closed: What a great time to learn some new healthy recipes and focus on your nutrition.
- You have too much free time: How often have you said, “I just don’t have time to exercise or cook or practice healthy habits”? This could not be a more perfect time for you to commit to your health! Not only will getting active and eating healthy give you more energy, but it will also help with stress relief, give you more confidence, and boost your immune system!!!
- Your business is closed: Take inventory of your business. Whether this is a physical inventory of things that could be improved, a financial inventory, or even a leadership inventory. Then, create a plan to attack these areas that need improved.
My challenge to you is make a list of the lemons in your life right now, and then write a list of ways you can turn those lemons into lemonade!
You are so much more determined than you know, and you can take this time to become even stronger. I look forward to the day we can all gather together again and share the stories of how we made lemonade!
Please join us during this crazy time to keep your body moving. Give us a try with our 15 Day Kickstart by CLICKING HERE. Until that wonderful day when we’re able to open our facility again, you can be a part of our fun and active virtual training for only $59! CLICK HERE to get started.