Today, I was checking out at the grocery store, and one comment put me through quite a few different emotions!
Two ladies were talking and one said, “I will never be a size 8 because I would have to diet and exercise non-stop. I’m just not willing to do that.”
- Sad that she felt so hopeless about living a healthy lifestyle
- Perplexed that people still believe that diets are the only way to lose weight
- Frustrated that our industry has made it so difficult for people to achieve results
- Proud of her that she recognized that she wasn’t ready to make that commitment
- Shocked that feeling good wasn’t worth the commitment
- Motivated to help people feel empowered to make a change
I didn’t feel comfortable giving unsolicited advice, but if she would have asked my opinion as a health professional, this is what I would have said in response to my emotions…
- Sad: The best way to make healthy living not a horrible thing is to set yourself up for success. Create small goals that you can achieve daily in order to gain confidence in your ability. Some of my favorites that I give clients are setting a timer to drink a large glass of water every 2 hours, eat a vegetable at every meal, limit your meals to eating only at a table, eat a healthy breakfast, etc. Each person is different so make sure that your goals are ones that you know you can achieve. You will be amazed at how quickly you will gain momentum and be doing things that you previously thought would be impossible.
- Perplexed: Diets are of the past and will absolutely not help you get closer to your goals! If you really want to lose weight for long term, focus on mindful eating approaches. Our Nutritionist has a 24 step process to help people gain freedom over diets, and each step involved adding… not taking away! It’s about staying focused in this noisy world. If you can figure that out, you will never have to diet again a day in your life!
- Frustrated: Don’t blame yourself for “failing”. Every magazine article, website pop-up, and tv commercial is telling you 20 different ideas and our industry professionals have lost our voice in the noise. However, the industry is growing tremendously. Trainers are working with Nutritionists, Counselors, and Mental Health Professionals to help clients focus on an all-around approach to health. As an industry, we are trying hard to eliminate the quick fix options and focus strategies to help our clients achieve long term success!
- Proud: Being in the industry for almost 2 decades, I’ve seen a ton of amazing results. I’ve also seen people who haven’t gotten the results they say they wanted, and it comes down to ONE thing. It’s all about timing. You have to be ready as a person to commit to change. While it isn’t easy to change your lifestyle, neither is living an unhealthy life of low confidence, low energy, and lack of self-esteem. It is up to you to pick your easy!
- Shocked: I have the privilege of watching people change from the outside in. Recently, I watched a few clients go through a 5 week program to get back on track. The physical transformations were astounding, but what was truly phenomenal was watching their spirit change. From feeling worthless to feeling empowered, from being overwhelmed with life to feeling positive about where they are, and from feeling anxious about the future to being excited to see where they were going, the changes were more than I ever dreamt. For anyone who’s gone through the transformation they will say it is totally worth every second!!!
- Motivated: After hearing this conversation, I can honestly say that my passion has skyrocketed. My mission and the mission of the Impulse team is to give hope to everyone we meet that they can achieve the results they want to achieve. I will not stop until we’ve spread the word and everyone (including those in line at the grocery store) feel empowered to live the healthiest lifestyle that they possibly can!
If you are struggling and you are feeling hopeless, frustrated, or simply unmotivated please reach out! We offer a complimentary strategy session for simply calling in, or if you are ready to go check out our Intro Package worth $383 for only $195!
We want you to succeed and we will walk with you every step of the way!