A couple things I wanted to share with everyone:
1. That Tougher Mudder I just ran Saturday was EPIC and it taught me a few things I’d like to share:
A. The Power of COMMUNITY
– I ran this race individually, as this specific one was a competitive, timed event. However, I learned a HUGE lesson.
– Tough Mudder is a global brand with a very simple mission statement: “Your Tribe. Your Best”
– There was one specific obstacle I struggled on, which required massive amounts of teamwork: The Mud Mile 2.0
This obstacle required you to climb over 10 feet of a Mud Wall 8-9 times before completion. Oh yea and you were also 5 feet deep in water, prohibiting you from jumping.
– Two words: Humble Pie. Long story short, I was neck and neck with 2 other guys the whole race, in which we managed to help each other conquer the mud mile…TOGETHER.
“Running your race” in life is important because at the end of the day, it’s always you vs. you. BUT, never be afraid to confide in others who have the same mission, same purpose. The people you surround yourself with not only challenge you, but make you stronger.
B. Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
– Before my Junior year of college, I never would’ve considered signing up for these ridiculous races, training the way I do, getting up every morning at 3/4 AM. My younger self (haha) would’ve told me I was crazy. Younger Tim would’ve HATED getting dirty, the total conditioning and the mental grit it takes to operate at a high level everyday.
– That person doesn’t exist anymore because it started with me making the CHOICE to get “comfortable with being uncomfortable”.
I’m not saying you all should wake up at 3/4 AM, train at the same intensity or sign up for a Tough Mudder. BUT, we are all facing situations today that we aren’t comfortable with. Situations that scare us and drive us insane. Sometimes all it takes is that ACTION and CHOICE to get us to where we want to go. What decision can you make TODAY to become comfortable with being uncomfortable? Do it. NOW
1% Better Everyday. Find A Way