A long time ago, Travis and Ashley shared some insight on how supplements can help and harm our progress when it comes to weight loss/management. Here are my cliff notes, but I would strongly encourage you to talk to either one of them if you have questions about supplementation and how you can utilize it to aid in achieving your goals.
- Complete nutrition is vital for optimal health
- Food has become less nutrient dense as a result of processing and lack of proper crop management
- Quality over quantity is ideal
- Don’t depend on supps…YOU NEED TO EAT REAL FOOD!
- Unbalanced diet caused by food allergies, pickiness, and restrictive diets
- Helps fill in the gaps for proper muscular health
- Adds benefits and help with performance and achieving goals
Forms of Supplements
- Multi-Vitamins: Get a good quality that is bioavailable in order for your body to properly absorb the nutrients efficiently and effectively. For more information on our choice of vitamins feel free to talk to anyone on the Impulse team.
- Bars (Protein/Meal Replacements/Etc): Avoid artificial ingredients! Our favorite brands are Quest, Larabar, Simple, and homemade. Check out Kim’s protein bar and Date Ball recipes below.
Now lets get personal and figure out exactly what YOU need to reach your health goals Click here to see “WHAZ SUPPPPS” you need!
No-Bake Protein Bar recipe ingredients:
- 2 cups all-natural almond or peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 8 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 5 cups rolled oats
- Mix peanut butter and honey in a microwaveable bowl.
- heat for 60–90 seconds. Mix well.
- add chocolate protein powder and mix well.
- add rolled oats and mix gently.
- spread in a 9×13 pan.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Cut into 24 squares.
Date Balls – makes 13
- 8 oz dates
- 2 Tbls coconut oil
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 3 Tbls nut butter (almond, cashew, or peanut)
- 2 Tbls Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbls Flax Seed
- 1 Tbls cacao nibs
- 1 Tbls unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Pulse dates in food processor until clumped together.
- Heat up coconut oil until liquid and add Protein powder and blend well.
- Add coconut oil mixture to dates with peanut butter, chia seeds, flax seed and blend well.
- Roll mixture into 1in balls and set aside.
- Chop cacao nibs and mix with unsweetened shredded coconut flakes. Then roll the balls in the mixture until coated. Place balls in the freezer
For more information on Amino acids supplements check out: